Sunday, February 26, 2012

White Taxidermy, Ghostly Dead Brides and a Hornet's Nest

I was playing around with the idea of using only albino or white taxidermy pieces and my two dead bride mannequins to create a ghostly look for my bedroom.
I like the way all of the white looks at night with just the light from the moon sneaking in the window.
I have a couple of vintage 1970s Hindsgaul mannequin torsos that actually have the same face, but are posed slightly differently. I put two of my favorite antique wedding dresses on them. The more tattered the better!
One is shattered silk and looks like mummy wrappings all hanging down.
The other dress was in good shape until my cat PD decided to use it as a toy.
I found a fabulous white coyote and he is perfect for the ghostly bedroom look.
Another recent find is the antique German clock case - sans clock face - which I use as a wonderfully tall pedestal. And it even has a little storage space inside where the door opens.
I have several other white birds that I will add to the bedroom once I finish this project.
A hornet's nest is the perfect wicked prop!
And of course, peacock feathers - one can never have too many!

Ghostly dreams!

No comments: