Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Enchanted Cottage

Lately I've been pondering paint choices for my house and I was doing a Google search for "purple house" when I stumbled upon the wonderful website of a very talented lady, Lucinda Hutson. She writes books about cooking with herbs and specializes in organic gardening and garden design.
Her house and gardens are absolutely magical! I sent a link to her website to a bunch of my friends and we all agreed that we want to live in her house! Her fearless and beautiful use of color is a joy to look at.

She has many gardens, including an area called the Mermaid Grotto.
Also, an entertaining area where she hosts her famous Dia de los Muertos parties.
I want her to design a garden for me! She is a wonderful inspiration, be sure to take a look at her website. Another fun link is this gardening blog that did a piece on her - check it out!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I have an invitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)

cconz said...

Oh pandora, you found a delicous site. i totally agree with you. "Lets move in"

Prairie Gothic said...

Her home is beautiful in such an original way. The party idea looks fun!

Gothic Rose Antiques said...

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by today and for your nice comments about the revamp! It is an ongoing project....
That purple house is something else, I like how the purple flowers in her garden peek out!
A question, want to trade that warthog for the big bird diorama??
Crystal

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

Beautiful, I'd love to live in a purple house with a grotto!

Debby said...

I totally love this look, so fun. My first journey to your blog and it is overflowing with beauty.

rochambeau said...

Hello Diane AKA Pandora!
Lucinda's is a wonderful purple house!
Did you paint yours yet?
Stephnie of Rogrigvitz style has a baby puggie, olive (she's black)!

Love to you friend,
Constance

Dosha said...

Thank you for your delicious post! I was perusing blogs this afternoon and stopped dead in my tracks when I spied these lush photographs. And, it is such a delight when I bump into another admirer of Pre-Raphaelite art. You are a woman of taste and quality, Darling, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Libby Buttons said...

How lovely and how funny....I also live in a purple house! There are a few photos on my blog.
smiles
Darlie
aka "LiBBy BuTTons"

Anonymous said...

Just two words.........
A M A Z I N G B L O G

Agneta from Sweden

rochambeau said...

So did~ya paint your pad purple or what??????

tink said...

I really love the Dia De Los Muertos area here in these pics. that is FABULOUS, Sis!

Building a home said...

How interesting. I also agree, I will surely love to live in that house. Thank you for sharing.

Penny Stocks said...

bones.? skeleton.? so cool! its weird for others but i love those kind of things. thumbs up!