Tuesday, December 30, 2008

After the Christmas Decor is put away ...

Well, Christmas is over and the Christmas decorations are packed away ... now there is more room for my collections :-) I recently found a fabulous 1920s Wilton carpet for my living room and I love love love it!
The colors are perfect for me! And the deco take on the persian design is so fun!

My parian statue of Flora is glancing over at the bare breasted lady in the photo ...

And a recently acquired relic from Theresa at Time Worn Interiors - fun!

A little display by my front door ...

I added an Aesthetic velvet fabric piece for my possum and laughing baby statue to sit on ...

A few old photos of pugs next to the couch ...
And a beautiful silverplate frame for my dresser with a picture of Mary Miles Minter in it.

I love to surround myself with old things!

5 comments:

lorhen82 said...

I love to surround myself with beautiful things too! You have a great photo collection. As soon as my home computer is working again, I hope to post some of my photos.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely aesthetic. You take passion for "old crusty things" to a new level. I am in the clean and purge mode this weekend also. Time to put it all away, clean and redesign.

Happy New Year ~ Eileen and the Beautiful Starry Girl

time worn interiors said...

Your relic looks great with that vignette! Thanks for the plug!

I love the rug, I'd like to have one, but our puppy is only 8 months old! (not house broke yet)

Thanks Theresa

Barn House said...

Great pix. Happy New Year!

J & J

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Wow, your home is just as beautiful and original as your booth! It's all quite gothic and lovely.

xo,
Christina